CEREC: A Closer Look at Everyone's Favorite Dental Tech
Updated: Jan 4, 2021
CEREC Same-day restorations are a patient favorite. This state-of-the-art machine models and creates high quality porcelain crowns, inlays, onlays, and veneers that are custom-made for you—all in one visit.
Let’s take a closer look at how this top-of-the-line technology works:
1. Your teeth are scanned and stored as a 3D digital model.
2. Software is used to approximate the restoration (crown, veneer, etc.) shape using biogeneric comparisons to your surrounding teeth, so that your new restoration flows beautifully with your unique smile.
3. 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) software is then used to refine that model for a precise, comfortable fit.
4. When the model is complete, a milling machine carves the actual restoration out of a ceramic block using diamond head cutters under computer control.
5. Your new restoration is then bonded to your tooth using a strong resin.
6. Enjoy your new, bright smile!
CEREC can help you with:
· Cracked teeth, decayed teeth, or other large damage
· Old failing restorations
· Replacing metal restorations with biocompatible restorations
Dr. Rana is highly trained, certified, and experienced in all kinds of CEREC cases. If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, please feel free to call us at (916) 774-4499. We look forward to seeing how CEREC can help you!