Five Little-Known Facts About Your Dental Health
Updated: Jan 4, 2021
These facts are fun, sometimes gross (yet motivational), and always interesting.
1. The average American spends 38.5 total days brushing their teeth over a lifetime. (That's a good thing!)
2. More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaque.
3. Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
4. Tooth enamel is the hardest surface in the human body.
5. Brushing alone only takes care of about 60% of your tooth surfaces. Make sure to floss!